Location: Cambridge, ON
Blendtek is a privately held company with a mission to challenge expectations in the food industry. As a trusted source for innovators across food, bakery, beverage, prepared foods and sports nutrition categories, we collaborate with our customers from concept development and formulation to manufacturing and packaging—bringing their ideas to life.
At Blendtek, our ingredient solutions range from the basics to the inspired, such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten-free products, functional food systems, and proprietary blends. We’re wired to create and driven to fuel innovation in food.
To read more about Blendtek, visit www.blendtek.com
About the position
We do things differently. Since our foundation, Blendtek has experienced rapid success by challenging the status quo and delivering unique solutions for our customers. Blendtek is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help drive sales and grow our presence with brands across our industry. The ideal candidate is creative, entrepreneurial and a goal-oriented self-starter who is driven for success.
As Account Manager, you will:
● Understand customer needs and competitive industry landscape in order to effectively position Blendtek products and services
● Develop and maintain business relationships with new and existing customers in sales territory
● Identify, foster, and maintain relationships with key decision makers/influencers to identify and obtain new sales opportunities
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to customer challenges and product optimization needs
● Communicate price increases and other pertinent announcements with customers
● Execute new business deals by gathering requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and communicating particulars internally
● Maintain accurate sales activity, customer, pipeline, and forecast information in Salesforce.com CRM
● Report sales activities, key opportunities, and challenges at monthly sales meetings
● Support the planning, execution and tracking initiatives at sales exhibits at trade shows to deliver meaningful results
● Manage time effectively, be responsive to customer requests and deal with after hour emergencies as needed
Ideal Candidate Profile:
● Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a sales role with proven results, preferably in food ingredients/solutions industry
● Bachelor’s degree in food science or health-related program is a strong asset
● Technical knowledge of ingredient applications and food formulations is ideal
● Strong analytical skills with competency to use technology to drive efficiency and results; ie. Salesforce
● Ability to quickly build rapport with multiple levels and departments in large, complex organizations
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with minimal direct supervision requirements
● Demonstrated success in a result-driven, high performing team environment
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you!
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.