Director of Sales
Location: Cambridge, ON
Blendtek is a privately held company with a mission to challenge expectations in the food industry. As a trusted source for innovators across food, bakery, beverage, prepared foods and sports nutrition categories, we collaborate with our customers from concept development and formulation to manufacturing and packaging—bringing their ideas to life.
At Blendtek, our ingredient solutions range from the basics to the inspired, such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten-free products, functional food systems, and proprietary blends. We’re wired to create and driven to fuel innovation in food.
To read more about Blendtek, visit www.blendtek.com
About the position
We do things differently. Since our foundation, Blendtek has experienced rapid success by challenging the status quo and delivering unique solutions for our customers. The successful candidate will be a creative, results-driven team player who will establish a sales strategy and structure designed to drive sustainable sales growth. As a member of our Leadership Team at Blendtek, the Director of Sales will ensure that business plans address promising market opportunities that will accelerate growth of current customer base, while expanding into new markets and categories. Reporting to the President, the ideal candidate is an intuitive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and is ready to take Blendtek to the next level.
As the Director of Sales, you will:
● Collaborate with the Leadership Team to align on strategies that will be executed across supply partners, customers, and product categories.
● Lead, monitor and coach the Sales Team to ensure focus on execution against company objectives.
● Establish sales revenue targets and the building blocks required to achieve the set targets, actively managing the Sales Team to optimize profitability.
● Support the execution and assessment of sales strategies and initiatives through Salesforce with the Director of Revenue Operations.
● Monitor and assess emerging market trends and categories to identify viable sales opportunities in partnership with Supply Chain, Marketing and Product Development teams.
● Develop and implement sales initiatives in collaboration with the Marketing Team—including guiding in the development of sales tools and assets to support campaigns and initiatives.
● Support internal communications and culture initiatives to help keep the Sales team connected and engaged in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
● Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Business or Food Science is preferred.
● 5-10 years of sales experience, preferably in food ingredients/solutions industry
● A minimum of 1-2 years in a sales leadership position
● Technical knowledge of ingredient applications and food formulations is preferred
● Experience developing and delivering on sales strategies that align with business objectives
● Active use and implementation of Salesforce
● Fluent in French and English is an asset
● Organized and strong ability to prioritize—and adjust on the fly
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you!
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.