Location: Cambridge, ON
Blendtek is a privately-owned company with a mission to challenge expectations in our industry. As a trusted source for innovators in the food manufacturing, sports nutrition, bakery and food research and development industries, Blendtek supplies high quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the unique and inspired such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten-free products, functional food systems, and proprietary multi-ingredient blends.
To read more about our business, visit us at www.blendtek.com
About the Position
This position is responsible for all the inbound and outbound company transportation activity. The person will lead, develop, implement and coordinate processes that will determine the most productive and efficient mode of service for all shipments. The position will have substantial interaction with many company departments. We are looking for someone with a polished business acumen, a love for learning, and who takes ownership in their work.
As a Logistics Specialist, you will:
● Arrange and book freight for inbound and outbound activity
● Analyze and recommend optimization opportunities
● Determine most efficient and economical routing for inbound and outbound shipments
● Lead role with carrier negotiations
● Exports/Imports: Develop, implement and monitor process to control shipment costs and minimize liability
● Monitor, redesign and implement improvements to logistics processes
● Develop strong business relationships with carriers, vendors, custom broker
● Understand industry trends and issues
● Invoice & Rate Resolution
● Manage all carrier documentation and on-boarding activities
● Drive cost-saving initiatives to align with company goals
Ideal Candidate Profile:
● Have Two (2) or more years’ experience in traffic/transportation management and customs experience
● Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Are organized, have a strong attention to detail, and consistently meet deadlines
● Are self-motivated and able to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
● Strong negotiation skills along with project management skills
● Demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and the ability to solve problems creatively
● Have strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you!
To apply for this position, please click here.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.