Location: Newmarket, ON
About Tri-Blend, A Blendtek Company
Tri-Blend is a division of Blendtek Ingredients Inc. and specializes in dry blending bakery mixes, private-label multi-ingredient blends, and ingredient solutions for large scale food manufactures. The products include, pancake and waffle mixes, cake and cookie mixes, pastry mixes and much more.
To read more about Tri-Blend and Blendtek, visit us at www.triblend.com and www.blendtek.com.
About the position:
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and enthusiastic Production Scheduler to join our Supply Chain team. As a Production Scheduler you will be responsible for managing the production activities, determining the manufacturing schedule and replenishment of raw materials and packaging, as well as support our growth into new markets. The ideal candidate will be passionate about forecasting, planning and scheduling to maintain and optimize supply to meet customer requirements. This position is responsible for finding efficiencies in our production operation and will work closely with the Production Manager and Supply Chain team.
As the Production Scheduler, you will:
● Determine the production schedule activities based on customer requirements
● Plan the replenishment of raw materials and packaging used in production
● Work closely with Purchasing to source and purchase raw materials with a cost focus strategy
● Develop and improve sourcing and material control strategies and processes according to best practices and overall procurement strategies
● Qualify and audit suppliers to ensure quality and compliance with rigorous safety standards
● Build highly collaborative and resilient relationships across all business functions
● Develop and become the expert in the assigned product categories, including staying current with market trends and competitive intelligence
● Leverage your knowledge of industry trends and market prices of key purchased items to strategically negotiate with suppliers and support the business
● Build supplier relationship programs to ensure performance and service expectations are met
● Responsible for sourcing innovative new product lines and suppliers to add to our portfolio
As the Production Scheduler, you:
● Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
● SCMP, PMAC or CPP designation preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or diploma in Supply Chain Management
● Strong analytical and negotiation skills
● Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
● Self-motivated and able to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
● Innovative, strategic and service-focused approach
● Advanced skills in MS Office, Excel, ERP/MRP software
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Tri-Blend is the place for you!
To apply for this position, please click here.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.