Location: Cambridge, ON
Blendtek is a privately-owned company with a mission to challenge expectations in our industry. As a trusted source for innovators in the food manufacturing, sports nutrition, bakery and food research and development industries, Blendtek supplies high quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the unique and inspired such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten-free products, functional food systems, and proprietary multi-ingredient blends.
To read more about our business, visit us at www.blendtek.com
About the position
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and enthusiastic Supply Planner to join our Supply Chain team. As a Supply Planner you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of products, as well as support our growth into new markets. The ideal candidate will be passionate about forecasting and planning to maintain and optimize supply to meet customer requirements. This position is responsible for leading supplier relationship development, including monitoring performance versus expectations.
As a Supply Planner, you will:
● Work closely with Sales to source and purchase raw materials with a cost focus strategy
● Develop and improve sourcing and material control strategies and processes according to best practices and overall procurement strategies
● Qualify and audit suppliers to ensure quality and compliance with rigorous safety standards
● Build highly collaborative and resilient relationships across all business functions
● Develop and become the expert in the assigned product categories, including staying current with market trends and competitive intelligence
● Leverage your knowledge of industry trends and market prices of key purchased items to strategically negotiate with suppliers and support the business
● Build supplier relationship programs to ensure performance and service expectations are met
● Responsible for sourcing innovative new product lines and suppliers to add to our portfolio
Ideal Candidate Profile:
● Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role
● SCMP, PMAC or CPP designation preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or diploma in Supply Chain Management
● Strong analytical and negotiation skills
● Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
● Self-motivated and able to work and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
● Innovative, strategic and service-focused approach
● Advanced skills in MS Office, ERP/MRP software
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you!
To apply for this position, please click here.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.