JOB ROLE:ACCOUNT MANAGER
Blendtek is a privately-owned company with a mission to challenge expectations in our industry. As a trusted source for innovators in the food manufacturing, sports nutrition, bakery and food research and development industries, Blendtek supplies high quality food ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the unique and inspired such as, alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten free products, functional food systems, and proprietary multi-ingredient blends.
We do things differently. Since our foundation, Blendtek has experienced rapid success by challenging the status quo and delivering unique solutions for our customers. Blendtek is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help drive sales and grow our presence primarily in Quebec. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the ideal candidate is creative, entrepreneurial and a goal-oriented self-starter who is driven for success.
- Understand customer needs and competitive industry landscape in order to effectively position Blendtek products and services
- Develop and maintain business relationships with new and existing customers in sales territory
- Identify, foster, and maintain relationships with key decision-makers and influencers to identify and obtain new sales opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to customer challenges and product optimization needs
- Utilize a variety of channels to communicate and develop relationships with customers, including by video call, telephone, email, and in-person meetings (to resume according to local pandemic guidelines)
- Communicate price increases and other pertinent announcements with customers
- Execute new business deals by gathering requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and communicating particulars internally
- Maintain accurate sales activity, customer, pipeline, and forecast information in Salesforce.com CRM
- Report sales activities, key opportunities, and challenges at monthly sales meetings
- Support the planning, execution, and tracking initiatives at sales exhibits at trade shows to deliver meaningful results – on hold during the pandemic
- Manage time effectively, be responsive to customer requests and deal with after hour emergencies as needed
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a sales role with proven results, preferably in the food ingredients/solutions industry. Bakery industry experience is an asset.
- Must be bilingual in French and English
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or health-related program
- Technical knowledge of ingredient applications and food formulations
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to follow a defined sales process
- Ability to quickly build rapport with multiple levels and departments in large, complex organizations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with minimal direct supervision requirements
- Demonstrated success in a result-driven, high performing team environment
Let's Make an Impact
If you have a track record of success, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Blendtek is the place for you.