Blendtek Committed to Food Safety and Traceability with Industry Leading Certifications
As a trusted source for innovators, Blendtek Ingredients Inc., a premier Canadian food ingredients and solutions company, has secured industry leading certifications to ensure its food safety and traceability programs are of the highest quality. Blendtek’s certifications and related memberships include: BRC Global Standards; Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Canada Certification; Pro-Cert Organic; Sedex; and COR Kosher/Star-K Kosher Certification.
“At a time when consumers, governments, and manufacturers are increasingly demanding safe, high-quality food – and rightfully so, it’s important for our industry to uphold strict regulations and focus on food safety and traceability,” said Rob Bianchin, Vice President, Blendtek. “Blendtek participates in industry certification programs, even when not required, to show our customers, vendors, suppliers and partners that we stand for quality, trust and innovation in food. We will continue to invest in these areas to keep ahead of the curve and strengthen our brand across North America and beyond.”
Blendtek currently holds the following certifications:
- BRC Global Standards: BRC is a leading safety and quality certification program, used by over 23,000 certified suppliers in 123 countries, with certifications issued through a worldwide network of accredited certification bodies. This certification program guarantees the standardization of quality, safety and operational criteria, and ensures that manufacturers/distributors fulfill their legal obligations and provide protection for the end consumer.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Canada Certification: Created for the retail food supply chain, HACCP Canada certification conveys confidence to clients and the regulatory authorities that every effort is employed to create a total proactive food safe environment.
- Pro-Cert Organic: Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd. (Pro-Cert) is one of North America’s foremost national certifier’s of organic products. Pro-Cert’s certification program is recognized globally, providing international access to the products and brands they certify. The program is accredited under the USDA National Organic Program (NOP), the CFIA’s Canada Organic Regime (COR) and the Quebec’s Committee on Accreditation for Evaluation of Quality (CAEQ). Pro-Cert’s certification program is ISO 17065 compliant and accredited by IOAS – a globally recognized accreditor.
- Sedex Member: Sedex is home to the world’s largest collaborative platform for sharing responsible sourcing data on supply chains, and is used by more than 40,000 members in over 150 countries. Companies use Sedex to manage their performance around labour rights, health and safety, the environment and business ethics.
- COR Kosher – COR is the kosher certification trademark used by the Kashruth Council of Canada, the largest kosher certification agency in Canada. In partnership with Star-K, COR works with clients on internal Kosher audits, inspections and certifications through Star-K.
Blendtek is a premier food ingredients and solutions company with a mission to challenge expectations and help fuel food innovation globally. As a trusted source for innovators in food manufacturing, Blendtek supplies high quality ingredients and solutions ranging from the basics to the inspired such as alternative protein sources, natural extracts and sweeteners, gluten free products, organic products, functional food systems, proprietary blends and much more. For more information please visit www.blendtek.com or call a customer service representative at 844.279-4401.
For media inquiries: